If you need high-throughput firewall, routing, and VPN performance, look no further. The Netgate® 8200 with pfSense® Plus software is the fastest Intel® Atom®-based firewall we offer, in a whisper-quiet rack mount configuration. It is ideal for remote offices, edge deployments, managed service providers, and enterprise networks.
DOUBLE THE CORES, DOUBLE THE MEMORY, DOUBLE THE POWER.
Combining the power of an 8-Core Intel Atom C3758R CPU with integrated QuickAssist & AES-NI along with 16 GB of memory, the Netgate 8200 provides:
- Over 80% greater firewall and VPN throughput than the Netgate 6100
- Double the firewall performance and over 70% more VPN throughput than the outgoing Netgate 7100
Experience the performance and business assurance expected from leading secure networking applications at a fraction of the cost of proprietary alternatives. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc. with no artificial limits and no additional usage or feature-based pricing.
Manage pfSense Plus software settings through our web-based GUI. No need to fumble with a command line interface or type commands.
From Firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your network.
POWER EFFICIENT & QUIET
An actively controlled cooling fan integrated into the chassis baseplate allows the unit to remain uncharacteristically quiet for such a powerful 1U system and the Intel Atom processors are designed for low power consumption.
- IPERF3 Traffic: 18.60 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 11.76 Gbps
- IPERF3 Traffic: 18.55 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 5.1 Gbps
- IPERF3 Traffic: 3.24 Gbps
- IMIX Traffic: 810 Mbps
NETGATE 8200 PERFORMANCE TESTS CONDUCTED WITH PFSENSE PLUS SOFTWARE VERSION 22.05
The Netgate 8200 is also available with TNSR software. TNSR is a high-performance software router capable of producing considerable performance increases far beyond the limits of pfSense Plus software.
|CPU||Intel Atom C3758R with QAT, 8-core @ 2.4 GHz (Denverton family)|
|Physical Network I/O ports||(2) 10 Gbps SFP+ WAN ports
(2) Auto media detect 1 Gbps (RJ45 copper / SFP fiber) combo WAN ports
(4) 2.5 Gbps RJ-45 “direct” (unswitched) ethernet (LAN) Intel i226 ports
|Storage||128 GB NVMe M.2 SSD (B+M Key)|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4 w/o ECC, single channel (soldered down)|
|Physical Expansion Card Slots||2x m.2 (Key-B slot) with dual-SIM (LTE, Wi-Fi, or NVMe) (PCIe, USB 2.0, USB 3.0)|
|1x Mini-PCie Slot (Wi-Fi Only)|
|Console Port||1 x auto-detect console port: “Cisco pinout” RJ45 + micro-USB (micro-USB cable included with each system)|
|USB Ports||2x USB 3.0 jacks (USB-A female) Located on right side rear / lead out to right side front panel of 1U rack|
|LED||3x 4-color LEDs (RGB + amber) Software / bootloader controllable via Microchip MCU|
|Enclosure||1U Rack – Aluminum, plastic, and steel enclosure.
19 x 10 x 1.75 inches
|Cooling||Active – integrated quiet chassis fan with onboard control|
|Power||External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 5.0A (60W), threaded (locking) barrel connector.
– AC Inlet: IEC320-C7 (2 PIN) – Power Cord: One US, UK, EU or ANZ power cord included
– US Power Cord: NEMA 1-15-P to IEC320-C7
|Environmental||0°C (32°F) to 40°C (104°F) – ambient|
|Certifications||FCC (Class B), IEC / CE, CB, UL, RoHS, RCM, UKCA|
- Ships with the latest version of pfSense Plus software
- Not PoE Compatible
- Netgate 8200 systems are actively cooled. Take care to avoid any obstructions to the chassis and lid venting.
- Netgate 8200 systems may be rack mounted with other devices directly above or below the Netgate system. Heat sources placed immediately below or in direct contact with the underside (chassis) of the 8200 system should measure less than 40°C / 104°F surface temperature.
Your purchase includes all of these super neat things, which will help you get started with pfSense Plus software:
- Complimentary TAC Lite 24×7 zero-to-ping support from Netgate Global Support
- Access to the online version of the continuously updated official pfSense book (700+ pages)
- ACB: Automatic Encrypted Configuration Backup Service
- Technical assistance is available from Netgate Global Support 24x7x365.
- TAC Lite is included with the purchase of your Netgate appliance.
- Help is available on our community forum here.
- One-year manufacturer’s hardware warranty
- All specifications subject to change without notice.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
- Mounting hardware specific to your racking system.
Due to the wide variety of rack mount fasteners, cage nuts, rack screws, etc. mounting hardware is not included. Please select fasteners that are suitable for your rack installation. Consult a qualified tradesperson if you are unsure.
- Take a photo of the label on the bottom of your Netgate 8200 before installation.
It is always a good idea to make a note of serial numbers and additional information from the label on the bottom of your system before installing in a server rack. The labeling may be difficult to read while the system is mounted in the rack. Please take a picture of the information or write it down for future reference.